The safety and well-being of our students, faculty and staff are a high priority at BYUH. However, the full support and cooperation of the entire University community is required to maintain a safe and secure environment.
No matter how effective BYUH's programs may be, the primary responsibility for safety and security lies with each of us individually.
Very few assaults occur on campus; however, it is wise to avoid those circumstances that may make you vulnerable.
Never walk or jog alone at night.
- Avoid dense shrubbery where an assailant could hide.
- Stick to well-lighted paths and walkways at night.
- Carry a whistle or personal alarm to summon help.*Let friends or family know where you are going and when you will return.
- Stay in groups at night.
- Keep windows and doors locked.
- Keep drapes or blinds closed when dressing.
Please report any suspicious persons or activity to Security at 675-3503 or 675-3911. If you would like to call the Police, call 911.